About us: Harwood Hutton is a growing firm with now almost 70 employees, and we have expanded significantly since we were formed back in 1957. Our size of firm means you get to know everyone and feel part of the Harwood Hutton family, and we are of a size where growth is supported and progression is encouraged, if this is a path you wish to follow.
The successful candidate will join our team of driven professionals and will help to service our well established and ever-strengthening client base.
The key objectives of the job holder are to:
- Prepare tax returns accurately
- Communicate with clients and answer their queries
- Communicate with HMRC
- Complete all work within budget
- Identify planning opportunities and bring to attention of manager
- Gain and maintain technical competence
The Tax Senior will work with clients, the manager of Private Client Services and other members of the PCS team; and with other staff and directors.
The major required outcomes are to complete tax returns correctly and to meet client and HMRC deadlines. There is also a requirement to respond to client communications on a timely basis and to manage their own workload and workflow. To achieve this the job holder will have to ensure that all necessary information is available (and recognise when it is not); chase clients for information if needed and work to tight deadlines.
The successful applicant will be numerate, IT-literate, able to work under pressure, results focussed within a time-limit and budget and have an eye for detail. They will be at least A-level standard, with 3 years’ experience in a Tax department within an accountancy firm. CTA is preferred but not essential, or alternatively qualified by experience.
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration package based on experience.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance, travel insurance and AA breakdown cover
- Life assurance
- Employee Assistance Support Programme
- Our full-time working week is 37.5 hours, and should additional hours need to be worked, they are given back and can be taken through our ‘Time Off In Lieu’ system.
- Upon agreement and after successful probationary period, we offer a flexible home working policy.
- Employee referral bonus and client referral bonus
To apply for this position, send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter to Jo Phillips by email to email@example.com